Tomasz Klim

Default Compiled Excel macros

Hi,

I think about selling my own Excel wordbook, that contains some macros. But
I don't want anyone to see these macros.

I tried to set password on VBA project, but it's insecure. There are
programs to crack this password.

I know, that Access has *.mde files, which contain macros in a compiled
form.

Does Excel have a similar functionality?

Are there any other hints to prevent users from seeing the macros?

Thanks in advance!

T.

Bob Phillips

You can create COM addins or DLLs that are written in VB and can be
compiled, but not in VBA. Problem here of course is that you need a full
version of VB.

--

HTH

RP

"Tomasz Klim" wrote in message

I think about selling my own Excel wordbook, that contains some macros.

But
I don't want anyone to see these macros.

I tried to set password on VBA project, but it's insecure. There are
programs to crack this password.

I know, that Access has *.mde files, which contain macros in a compiled
form.

Does Excel have a similar functionality?

Are there any other hints to prevent users from seeing the macros?

Thanks in advance!

T.

Tomasz Klim

You can create COM addins or DLLs that are written in VB and can be
compiled, but not in VBA. Problem here of course is that you need a full
version of VB.

That's not a problem - I got it.

I thought about creating COM addin, but the real problem is that these
macros
are very spreadsheet-specific: importing and exporting from raw spreadsheets
to database, re-creating series in charts, sending e-mails using another COM
component, and downloading some files. Nothing more...

Besides, I still don't know, how to create COM addin...

T.

Użytkownik "Bob Phillips" napisał w
wiadomości ...
You can create COM addins or DLLs that are written in VB and can be
compiled, but not in VBA. Problem here of course is that you need a full
version of VB.

--

HTH

RP

"Tomasz Klim" wrote in message

I think about selling my own Excel wordbook, that contains some macros.

But
I don't want anyone to see these macros.

I tried to set password on VBA project, but it's insecure. There are
programs to crack this password.

I know, that Access has *.mde files, which contain macros in a compiled
form.

Does Excel have a similar functionality?

Are there any other hints to prevent users from seeing the macros?

Thanks in advance!

T.

Bob Phillips

Tomasz,

You can manipulate an Excel spreadsheet easily from a COM add-in.

Read up here

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=238228
How to build an Office 2000 COM add-in in Visual Basic

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=285337
How To Create a Visual Basic Automation Add-in for Excel Worksheet Functions