workfordance

Default Excel - MS OFFICE 2000

I have a spread sheet of client names and need to rearrange the order of them
from Lastname, Firstname to Firstname Lastname.

Please help!
ajchula

If by "order" you mean the columns need to be transposed, you simply
need to "cut" the column containing the Firstname (click on the column
letter and choose EditCut), highlight the column before Lastname, and
choose InsertCut Cells.
Hope that helps...

workfordance

The name information is all in one column in the format of :
Lastname, Firstname

I need it to be in the format of:

Firstname Lastname

Hope this makes imy question more clear.

"ajchula" wrote:

If by "order" you mean the columns need to be transposed, you simply
need to "cut" the column containing the Firstname (click on the column
letter and choose EditCut), highlight the column before Lastname, and
choose InsertCut Cells.
Hope that helps...

ajchula

Ok, I see what you mean. Do the final results need to remain in one
column or can the names be broken apart into two columns?

Ken Wright

Using a helper column B, assuming your data in Col A starting A2, in cell B2
put

=MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+1,LEN(A2))&", "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1)

and copy down.

Copy and paste special as values to lose the formulas.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"workfordance" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet of client names and need to rearrange the order of
them
from Lastname, Firstname to Firstname Lastname.

Please help!

workfordance

Thanks so much! It worked!! Now I need to get rid of the Middle initials
for those entries that have them. Can you also assist with this?

------------------------------Â*------------------------------Â*----------------

"workfordance" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet of client names and need to rearrange the order of
them
from Lastname, Firstname to Firstname Lastname.

Please help!

Ken Wright

No point reinventing the wheel - try here and let us know if you have any
problems:-

http://cpearson.com/excel/FirstLast.htm