mike4605

Default filter

I have a list of customer names address and phone numbers I would like to
type a letter or first couple of letters in a cell and all customer names
beginning with that letter appear then be able to chose one of them. Once I
have choosen a customer then the address and phone number will apper.
Gord Dibben

Mike

You could use a Data Validation List in a cell drop-down for the customer
names and VLOOKUP to return the address and phone number.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for for info and methods.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal01.html for DV

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html for VLOOKUP

However, DV drop-downs are not capable of providing autocomplete.

For workaround using a combo-box see.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP