vishu

Default mail merge-word file automatically closing

Hi,
I am Trying to do mail merge between word and excel.
I have opened the word file and it ask for the data source and I have given
the excel file, When it selected the excel file as data source the Word file
automatically closing
Please help me

Regards,
Vishu

Anne Troy

Is there perhaps some code in the Excel file that could be closing Word?
Does it happen when you create a brand new test data source?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"vishu" wrote in message
I am Trying to do mail merge between word and excel.
I have opened the word file and it ask for the data source and I have
given
the excel file, When it selected the excel file as data source the Word
file
automatically closing
Please help me

Regards,
Vishu

vishu

Hi Anne,
There is no code in Excel file...I have checked every thing.
If I open the same file in other computer this will not happen.
The problem is in settings ..I not able to find out the exact problem, which
i have in my computer...Anne, could you please give me suggetions...

regards
vishu

"vishu" wrote in message
I am Trying to do mail merge between word and excel.
I have opened the word file and it ask for the data source and I have
given
the excel file, When it selected the excel file as data source the Word
file
automatically closing
Please help me

Regards,
Vishu

Anne Troy

Geeze, Vishu. I can't be sure, so I would say that you should do Word
Troubleshooting.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
Because I do suspect Word is the troublemaker, and not Excel.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com