-   -   mail merge-word file automatically closing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/51932-mail-merge-word-file-automatically-closing.html)

vishu

mail merge-word file automatically closing

Hi,
I am Trying to do mail merge between word and excel.
I have opened the word file and it ask for the data source and I have given
the excel file, When it selected the excel file as data source the Word file
automatically closing
Please help me

Regards,
Vishu

Anne Troy

mail merge-word file automatically closing

Is there perhaps some code in the Excel file that could be closing Word?
Does it happen when you create a brand new test data source?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"vishu" wrote in message
I am Trying to do mail merge between word and excel.
I have opened the word file and it ask for the data source and I have
given
the excel file, When it selected the excel file as data source the Word
file
automatically closing
Please help me

Regards,
Vishu

vishu

mail merge-word file automatically closing

Hi Anne,
There is no code in Excel file...I have checked every thing.
If I open the same file in other computer this will not happen.
The problem is in settings ..I not able to find out the exact problem, which
i have in my computer...Anne, could you please give me suggetions...

regards
vishu

"vishu" wrote in message
I am Trying to do mail merge between word and excel.
I have opened the word file and it ask for the data source and I have
given
the excel file, When it selected the excel file as data source the Word
file
automatically closing
Please help me

Regards,
Vishu

Anne Troy

mail merge-word file automatically closing

Geeze, Vishu. I can't be sure, so I would say that you should do Word
Troubleshooting.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
Because I do suspect Word is the troublemaker, and not Excel.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com