M. I. Screwed

Default Accidentally saved over important data

I was working in a spreadsheet I've been updating for months. I deleted a
bunch of data, then accidentally saved the spreadsheet (without changing the
name). It's the same ol' spreadsheet without a bunch of data.

I need to get the data back.

Can I somehow retrieve a copy of the spreadsheet with the data still on it
from the hard drive?

Thanks for your response.

M. I. Screwed

Anne Troy

U. R. Screwed (unless you want to pay some computer forensics person a few
grand on the off-chance that they could recover it). Tip: If you don't ever
want to overwrite this file, mark it as read-only in the Windows property.
Or go to the Excel VBA newsgroup and ask if someone can help you ENSURE that
you don't overwrite it.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"M. I. Screwed" <M. I. wrote in message
I was working in a spreadsheet I've been updating for months. I deleted a
bunch of data, then accidentally saved the spreadsheet (without changing
the
name). It's the same ol' spreadsheet without a bunch of data.

I need to get the data back.

Can I somehow retrieve a copy of the spreadsheet with the data still on it
from the hard drive?

Thanks for your response.

M. I. Screwed

Intruder 9

Yup. Its gone, and its not the same old spreadsheet, its a newly saved one
without a bunch of data!! Need to learn that whenever you are doing
something in a spreadsheet that you may not want to keep that way that you
do it on a copy.
"M. I. Screwed" <M. I. wrote in message
I was working in a spreadsheet I've been updating for months. I deleted a
bunch of data, then accidentally saved the spreadsheet (without changing
the
name). It's the same ol' spreadsheet without a bunch of data.

I need to get the data back.

Can I somehow retrieve a copy of the spreadsheet with the data still on it
from the hard drive?

Thanks for your response.

M. I. Screwed

Dave O

Bya any chance did you store this on a network drive? If so, and
depending on the tape backup schedule performed by the IT guys, you may
be able to get a copy that is just 1 or 2 days old.

Dave Peterson

Did you share/email it to anyone?

Maybe it's in your sentbox or the recipient could send you back a copy???

Any chance you have an older version in your recycle bin???

--

Dave Peterson