Don J

Default How does one lock in column headings?

How do I lock in the column headings so that they move up amd down with the
text when scrolling up and down? What do you call it so that I can look it
up in Excel textbooks?

Dave Peterson

Say you want to freeze rows 1 and 2 to make them always visible.

Select A1 (just to make sure it's visible)

Then select A3
Window|Freeze Panes

(and not surprizingly, it's called freezing panes.)

And the headings actually stay put--and that's what makes it nice.

--

Dave Peterson
Diane

Click on a cell below the rows you want to freeze. Click Window, Freeze
Panes

Diane