Lisa H

Default Using angled column headings and borders

I'm trying to use angled column headings and borders so I can fit many
columns across the page. I've tried following an article called "Using angled
text and borders in Excel", but my results aren't very good--I'm having
trouble placing the angled borders and angled text properly. My borders don't
bend at the same angle, I guess because the columns are different widths.
Also, the angled border sometimes runs through the angled column head. Can
anybody help?

Thanks!
Lisa H
Bob Phillips

Lisa,

If you angle the text (FormatCellAlignmnet and then use the dial to get
your angle)

and then add a border to each cell

you should find that it all works, clean, separated, and regardless of
column width.

--

HTH

RP

"Lisa H" wrote in message
I'm trying to use angled column headings and borders so I can fit many
columns across the page. I've tried following an article called "Using

angled
text and borders in Excel", but my results aren't very good--I'm having
trouble placing the angled borders and angled text properly. My borders

don't
bend at the same angle, I guess because the columns are different widths.
Also, the angled border sometimes runs through the angled column head. Can
anybody help?

Thanks!
Lisa H

Lisa H

Bob,

It's the "add a border to each cell" part that I'm having trouble with. How
exactly do I add the borders so that they slant properly? When I put in a
diagonal border, its angle doesn't match the angle of the text. When I put in
a vertical border, it's just vertical.

Thanks,
Lisa H

"Lisa H" wrote in message
I'm trying to use angled column headings and borders so I can fit many
columns across the page. I've tried following an article called "Using

angled
text and borders in Excel", but my results aren't very good--I'm having
trouble placing the angled borders and angled text properly. My borders

don't
bend at the same angle, I guess because the columns are different widths.
Also, the angled border sometimes runs through the angled column head. Can
anybody help?

Thanks!
Lisa H

Bob Phillips

Lisa,

You don't have to make the border slant, just put the normal box border
around the text. If you slant the text, Excel will automatically slant the
border for you.

--

HTH

RP