jcc31

Default Macros

Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but here is my question.
There is this one macro that I use alot. The problem is that everytime I
open a customer job I have to create a new macro, cut the code from a
text file and pasting it into VB code then saving and running the
script. So, I was wondering if there is a way that I don't have to do
all those steps everytime I open a customer job?

Thanks in advance
carlos

--
jcc31
jcc31's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24692

Dave O

Is it feasible to save "Customer Job" as a blank generic file that
includes the macro? That way you could open the generic file and save
it with the customer name in the file name. The macro would
"pre-exist" in each file.

Theresa

When you create your macro, save the macro to the "Personal Macro Workbook"
instead of "This Workbook". That way the macro is available to all files
that are opened, and not just the one that the macro was created in. Word of
caution.....after you have created the macro, exit completely out of Excel.
You will be asked if you want to save the changes to the Personal Macro
workbook. Make sure you say yes to this even if you don't want to save the
changes to the original file. Otherwise the macro will be deleted.