Kymm

Default How do you perform a two-column lookup?

I am trying to do a lookup using 2 columns. Example would be

SKU Warehouse Qty
13 CA 15
14 CA 30
15 CA 18
13 HN 10
14 HN 5

I want to be able to pull the qty for any given SKU Warehouse combination.

Any help would be great.

Dave O

Assuming your headers are in row 1 and the data in A2:C6, use
SUMPRODUCT with double unary operators, comme ca:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$6=13),--($B$2:$B$6="CA"),$C$2:$C$6)

This link
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6bd4f93886f512
....explains the --, which is called a double unary operator. Very cool
stuff.

Kymm

Hello Dave O,

Thank you for your post but not exactly what I was looking for.

I have two spreadsheets. One has the information, SKU, Warehouse and Qty.
I need to copy and paste the qty information into another spreadsheet but in
a different order so it cant be straight copy. So I need the lookup to look
at both the SKU and Warehouse combination to populate the qty. I dont want
the formula to have any text data so that I can copy the formula to each
cell. Hope that makes sense.

Kymm

"Dave O" wrote:

Assuming your headers are in row 1 and the data in A2:C6, use
SUMPRODUCT with double unary operators, comme ca:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$6=13),--($B$2:$B$6="CA"),$C$2:$C$6)

This link
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6bd4f93886f512
....explains the --, which is called a double unary operator. Very cool
stuff.

Dave O

I think I get you: you need to lookup to populate the QTY information
to the second spreadsheet. You can use the formula I posted in the QTY
column on the second sheet- the ranges, currently A2:A6, B2:B6, C2:C6,
should refer to the first sheet and the 13 and "CA" can refer to cells
on the second sheet.

Kymm

I am sorry I dont understand.

How would I write the formula to find the following:
Spreasheet 1 Spreadsheet 2
SKU Warehouse Qty SKU Warehouse Qty

13 CA 15 13 CA
(formula to copyt to