Knowledge001

Default Stock change

How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day.
Chip Pearson

Just subtract the current price from the previous day's price.
E.g.,

=B2-B1

Or perhaps you had something else in mind. If so, post back with
more details.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Knowledge001" wrote in
message
How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous
day.

Knowledge001

I have downloaded 1025 days of stock in excel. Here is the question. In a
column next to the original data,calculate the change in stock price from the
previous day. This may be negative or positive. From 1023 closing prices you
will get 1024 changes in stock price.