hetherjw

Default Prompted to save

Hi All,

I have a sheet that promts me to save even if I have not made changes.
Any way to disable the waring? Is this some setting that I cannot track
down? Thanks, Hetherjw

--
hetherjw
hetherjw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28195

Alan

Do you have =TODAY() or =NOW() in the sheet?
If so the sheet will consider itself changed when you open and trigger the
message,
Regards,
Alan.
"hetherjw" wrote in
message ...

Hi All,

I have a sheet that promts me to save even if I have not made changes.
Any way to disable the waring? Is this some setting that I cannot track
down? Thanks, Hetherjw

--
hetherjw
hetherjw's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=477283

hetherjw

Alan,

I think that is the cause of my proble I just can't find the cell that
has the formula. I am trying to use the Go To command to track it
down.

Thanks for your help,

hetherjw

--
hetherjw
hetherjw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28195
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=477283

Alan

Try clicking 'Tools' 'Options' , on the 'View' tab check 'Formulas' OK
This will display all the formulas as they are written in the cells as
opposed to the results of them and should make it easier to find what you're
looking for,
Regards,
Alan.
"hetherjw" wrote in
message ...

Alan,

I think that is the cause of my proble I just can't find the cell that
has the formula. I am trying to use the Go To command to track it
down.

Thanks for your help,

hetherjw

--
hetherjw
hetherjw's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=477283

hetherjw

Alan,

Found it! There was a =NOW() tucked in there.

Thanks!