windsong

Default Excel formulas - Useful Sites/Books, etc.

Can anyone suggest any useful web sites for learning Excel formulas - or
other resources would be fine.

Thanks.
Roger Govier

Hi

Of many that are available, a useful place to start would be

http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqIndex.html
and for a book list
http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html

Regards

Roger Govier

windsong wrote:
Can anyone suggest any useful web sites for learning Excel formulas - or
other resources would be fine.

Thanks.

Anne Troy

To my knowledge, there is simply no one place where all the formulas are
well explained. I have some formulas described with real-life scenarios
he
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/index.htm
But until I write my Formulas and Functions book, I'll be watching the
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"windsong" wrote in message
Can anyone suggest any useful web sites for learning Excel formulas - or
other resources would be fine.

Thanks.

Roger Govier

Hi Anne

http://www.contextures.com/functions.html
gives a link to Norman Harker's work

There is also a Workbook created by Peter Nonely, which is excellent.
I can't remember where this is located, but a Google search should find it.
I can't look it up now, dinner is ready!!!!

Regards

Roger Govier

"windsong" wrote in message

Can anyone suggest any useful web sites for learning Excel formulas - or
other resources would be fine.

Thanks.

Bob Phillips

John Walkenbach's book, Excel 2003 Formulas is probably a good starting
point; ISBN 0764540734;

--

HTH

RP

"windsong" wrote in message
Can anyone suggest any useful web sites for learning Excel formulas - or
other resources would be fine.

Thanks.

Ron de Bruin

Hi Roger

There is also a Workbook created by Peter Nonely

It is on my site on this moment
http://www.rondebruin.nl/id.htm

Check out also the function file with help id numbers
very easy to see the Excel help

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Anne Troy wrote:
To my knowledge, there is simply no one place where all the formulas are well explained. I have some formulas described with
real-life scenarios he
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/index.htm
But until I write my Formulas and Functions book, I'll be watching the responses you get, too.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"windsong" wrote in message ...

Can anyone suggest any useful web sites for learning Excel formulas - or
other resources would be fine.

Thanks.

Roger Govier

Hi Ron

Thanks for that information. I have a copy of Peter's file on my machine,
but the last time I looked for it on the web to pass on to somebody else,
the site was down. Its good to know where it is now available.

I downloaded you help with ID file, which is excellent.
Many thanks

Regards

Roger Govier

Hi Roger