Keith Brown

Default Copying color format of cell contents

I have labels entered in a cell(eg A1) on Sheet1 of my workboook.(represents
electrical switch sets)
Portions of the text strings of these labels are formatted red.(The switches
that are open)

I created a summary page on Sheet2 to display certain info from Sheet1 by
using the formula (=Sheet1!A1) and I want the formula result on Sheet2 to
display the label with the colors. The switches that are to be "red" change
periodically and I'd like to avoid the need to change the data it in both
sheets.

I can only found tools/methods that work on the entire cell.
Is there a way to get the format of the cell contents to display correctly
in the 2nd sheet such that it will update if changed on Sheet1?
Or perhaps another approach to the problem?
bill k

you could take a copy of sheet1 and delete any duplicates.

to copy
right click onto the sheet tab
select move or copy
tick the square to take a copy