Janet T

Default Calculation using either a + or - amount

Folks, I've been asked to develop a simple spreadsheet which measures the
amount of product stored in a Tank. The calculation starts with an opening
stock, some product might be removed and other product might be received. A
simple calculation ensues, which gives rise to a closing stock. However,
I've now been asked to incorporate a manual adjustment field, which could be
either a plus or a minus figure.

I wonder if someone out there can help me with this. I'm not sure how to
write the formula for this extra step in the calculation.

Here's an example:
Starting stock 1000
Received 200 (+)
Despatched 300 (-)
Closing Stock 900
Manual adjustment +5 making closing stock 905
or
Manual adjustment - 5 making closing stock 895

Thanks (Hope this is understandable)
Chip Pearson

You can use a simple formula. E.g.,

=Starting+Received-Dispatched+Manual_Adjustment

Substitute the appropriate cell references for the names in the
formula.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Janet T" wrote in message
[...]

Janet T

Chip
thanks a lot - I didn't realise it would be simple maths (its a long time
since I left school!) :-)
Janet