msbutton27

Default Putting a break after certain criteria

I have hopefully one last question as well...I have another chart with about
4000 rows, and I want to break it up - here's what it looks like

item1 Name1 0.25
item1 Name4 0.5
item2 Name2 0.50
item2 Name3 1.0
item2 Name3 10.0

I would like to but some sort of break after each item for example:
item1 Name1 0.25
item1 Name4 0.5
Total 0.75

item2 Name2 0.50
item2 Name3 1.0
item2 Name3 10.0
total 11.5
etc...

Is there a way I can put a break after the identical items automatically...

Mike

Michael

Hi, Mike. If you use datasort on item, you could then use data subtotals.
Use sum on each change in item name. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin