Odawg

Default MIN formula help

Hello All,

I want to know what the Max and Min numbers are using the following
formulas. The Max formula seems to work without any problem, however
it's the Min that I have a problem with.

=Max(A2:A10)
=MIN(A2:A10)

If I only have numbers in cells A2:A8 and the lowest number is 150,
then in that cell that I have the following MIN formula in should show
me 150. Instead it's blank because I still have two remaining cells
in my range (A9 and A10).

How can I fix this. Any and all help is greatly appreciated..

Biff

Hi!

MIN/MAX ignore empty cells.

Instead it's blank because I still have two remaining cells
in my range (A9 and A10).

Are you sure that A9 and A10 are empty? Could they really contain zeros but
you have the sheet set to not display zero values?

Goto ToolsOptionsViewZero Values

Biff

"Odawg" wrote in message
Hello All,

I want to know what the Max and Min numbers are using the following
formulas. The Max formula seems to work without any problem, however
it's the Min that I have a problem with.

=Max(A2:A10)
=MIN(A2:A10)

If I only have numbers in cells A2:A8 and the lowest number is 150,
then in that cell that I have the following MIN formula in should show
me 150. Instead it's blank because I still have two remaining cells
in my range (A9 and A10).

How can I fix this. Any and all help is greatly appreciated..

Mangesh Yadav

Yes, Biff is right. Don't know how I made this mistake.

Mangesh

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote in message
=MIN(IF(A2:A10<"",A2:A10,""))

press control shift enter