Pedro Martinez

Default LANGUAGE SETING

Does anyone know how or if we can set set the language using excel as we can
do it using Word?
Juan Pablo González

I see one way at least... when you start to spell check, there's a dropdown
that reads 'Dictionary language'. I get all the languages that I have
installed on my machine. Less than what I can see in Word, but the
languages that I use nontheless.

Juan Pablo González
Excel MVP

"Pedro Martinez" <Pedro wrote in message
Does anyone know how or if we can set set the language using excel as we
can
do it using Word?

Annie

Hello Pedro,
In Windows XP you can enable one or more alternate keyboard layouts and
switch between them, so that you can use characters that are unique to
another country. If this is what you are looking for and you are using XP:

1. Choose Start, Settings, Control Panel.
2. Choose Regional and Language Options.
3. Click the Languages tab.
4. Click the Details button, and then choose the Add Button.
5. Select the desired Input language and choose OK.
6. Click the Language Bar button, click to place a checkmark next to Show
additional Language bar icons in the taskbar, and click OK for all open
dialog boxes.

Notes: You can now switch to the keyboard layout by clicking the language
icon in the taskbar. You will have to learn the correct key locations for
that countrys keyboard layout. You could build a reference sheet in Word by
typing the alphabet in one language, and then the same alphabetical sequence
in the other language on another line of your document. Don't forget to do
this for both upper and lower case letters.

Cheers,
Annie