Carmen

Default Pivot Table - Unhiding Fields

Hi,

I'm having trouble making pivot table show all the data once I ask to "show
detail" for a certain item.

For example, I have a pivot with 3 fields (Year, Month, Amount).

Instead of showing all the months for all the years, I'm only interested in
showing the months for a particular year. Thus, I dragged Year and Amount to
the pivot. I then double clicked on a particular year and asked to show the
data by month. So it did, but if I suddenly want to show all months for all
years, I have to double click each year to expand the information. Anytime
when Month follows the Year, the months are grouped unless it was the
particular year that I chose to show detail.

Is there an easy way to show back all information?

I'm working with data that has 60,000+ rows and 10+ fields, I'm having a
hard time getting back those fields that have been grouped.

Thanks,
Carmen

Debra Dalgleish

Click on the Year button, to select it
On the PivotTable toolbar, click the Hide Detail button, or the Show
Detail button, and all Years will be affected.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List