bmw121199

Default Question about creating a template

I am trying to create a template for my boss that is used to track Claim
Reviews for the health care industry. My boss is very computer challenged, so
I need a form that she can type answers in and it transfers to a spreadsheet.
It has to be protected, she is one to push the red button to see what it may
do, even after telling her not to push the button. Any suggestions for
getting started?

I wanted something similar. I would make a form for them to fill it out and
then make it "read only" so she has to do an F12 and save-as every time.
bmw121199

how I do I make the form?

" wrote:

I wanted something similar. I would make a form for them to fill it out and
then make it "read only" so she has to do an F12 and save-as every time.

Dave Peterson

Excel has a built in Data|Form that may work ok for you and your boss. In fact,
you could make it so that she only sees that Data|Form dialog...

I put some data on Sheet1 (in A1:G25 -- just test data).
I protected sheet1 with a password (hi) and then hid sheet1.

I put a button from the forms toolbar on Sheet2.

And assigned that button a this macro:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim wks As Worksheet
Set wks = Worksheets("Sheet1")
With wks
.Unprotect Password:="hi"
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
.ShowDataForm
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
.Protect Password:="hi"
End With

The only way for your boss to see the data is through that button. (Unless she
learns how to unhide a worksheet.)

If that's close, but not quite it, maybe John Walkenbach's enhanced dataform at:
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm
may be sufficient

And if you want to create your own, then Debra Dalgleish has a get started with
userforms:
http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

--

Dave Peterson