CBH

Default Basic Template Question

I have inherited a template to support. It adds a toolbar item to connect to
an Oracle database, and works fine. However, the first time the template is
populated and saved as a spreadsheet, the macros stay linked to that
spreadsheet by name forever more. I can find reference to the spreadsheet
name in the Excel11.XLB file, and if that file is deleted, the cycle begins
again. How can I fix this permanently?
Sunil Jayakumar

What you can do, is basically "grab" the toolbar out of the book. You can do
this by

ToolscustomiseToolbars (with the book open) highlighting the relevant
toolbar, and clicking on the attach button. This will let you attach the
toolbar (and accompanying macros) into any workbook you want.

Hope this helps

Sunil Jayakumar

"CBH" wrote in message

I have inherited a template to support. It adds a toolbar item to

connect to an Oracle database, and works fine. However, the first

time the template is populated and saved as a spreadsheet, the macros

stay linked to that spreadsheet by name forever more. I can find

reference to the spreadsheet name in the Excel11.XLB file, and if that

file is deleted, the cycle begins again. How can I fix this permanently?

www.ayyoo.com/credit-cards.html

CBH

I didn't explain this properly. If I open the template, populate it, and
save it as a spreadsheet, then (for one reason or another) delete or move the
spreadsheet, the template stops working, and the error message references the
deleted spreadsheet. If I do a search for text, looking for the name of the
deleted spreadsheet that I find in the error message, it is in EXCEL11.XLB.
If I delete EXCEL11.XLB, I can use the template again.

I suspect the answer has to do with personal.xls (I don't have one), but I'm
not sure exactly what is happening and therefore I don't know how to fix it.

The problem isn't that the template toolbar is missing, it is that it stops
working - stops showing a drop-down populated from the data source.

Hi,

"CBH" wrote in message

I have inherited a template to support. It adds a toolbar item to

connect to an Oracle database, and works fine. However, the first

time the template is populated and saved as a spreadsheet, the macros

stay linked to that spreadsheet by name forever more. I can find

reference to the spreadsheet name in the Excel11.XLB file, and if that

file is deleted, the cycle begins again. How can I fix this permanently?

www.ayyoo.com/credit-cards.html

Dave Peterson

Your life will become loads easier if you actually create that toolbar each time
the workbook opens and destroy it when the workbook closes.

Then you never have to worry about icons pointing to macros in different
workbooks--'cause your code will assign them to the workbook that's opening.

Here's how I do it:
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?th...5B41%40msn.com

If you want to add some items to the worksheet menubar, you may want to look at
John Walkenbach's MenuMaker routine.

You can find it:

--

Dave Peterson