lnflewis

Default What might cause a small excel worksheet to be over 2MB?

I have a small spreadsheet that has less than 300 rows and 4 columns. For
some unknown reason the size of the file has grown to almost 2MB in size. I
have another similiar excel file that is less than 400 KB in size. The file
size is causing several problems in trying to edit it.
Biff

Hi!

Try to reset the used range:

http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

Biff

"lnflewis" wrote in message
I have a small spreadsheet that has less than 300 rows and 4 columns. For
some unknown reason the size of the file has grown to almost 2MB in size.
have another similiar excel file that is less than 400 KB in size. The
file
size is causing several problems in trying to edit it.

Dave Peterson

Do you have any pictures/objects on any of the worksheets?

Select a worksheet
edit|goto special|check Objects

Then you can tab between them--to see if there are more than you expect.

--

Dave Peterson
tkaplan

go to the fifth column and select. hit shift+ctrl+right arrow. right
click and delete.
go to first blank row of data. hit shift+ctrl+down arrow. right click
and delete. save the file and it should be much smaller.

i've had this issue many times with excel where if you just hit delete
on your keyboard, it doesnt really delete the memory used unless you
delete the actual cell and that frees up the memory.

--
tkaplan
tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22987