Neuther

Default no duplicate numbers

I have 100 numbers (1-100) that are tickets. Since you really can't
trust anyone i want to make something that won't let you use the same
number twice. so if i use ticket number 57 and made copies then the
next person to come up w/ ticket 57 when entered into the computer
would get an error message. Also if possible i would like it to
inprint the date and time when it moves it.

So i was thinking like cell a1 is empty and then you press enter (on
say a button) it would move the number to a different part of the sheet
and tag it w/ the date and time. i just can't get the macro to work
that won't let me use the same nubmer twice.

Any ideas?

--
Neuther
Neuther's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4688

BenjieLop

Neuther Wrote:
I have 100 numbers (1-100) that are tickets. Since you really can't
trust anyone i want to make something that won't let you use the same
number twice. so if i use ticket number 57 and made copies then the
next person to come up w/ ticket 57 when entered into the computer
would get an error message. Also if possible i would like it to
inprint the date and time when it moves it.

So i was thinking like cell a1 is empty and then you press enter (on
say a button) it would move the number to a different part of the sheet
and tag it w/ the date and time. i just can't get the macro to work
that won't let me use the same nubmer twice.

Any ideas?

To prevent duplicate entries in a column

1. Select a range where entries will be made
(e.g., Cells A1:A100)
2. Go to Data/Validation/Custom
3. Enter this formula =countif($A$1:A100,A1)=1
4. Select "Error Alert" tab and enter any appropriate
message

Regards.

--
BenjieLop