G_Chem

Default Logic command IF/OR

Hi,

excel 97.

I'm trying to use a logic command to call up a *<* sign depending on
whether a result in one cell when subtracted from another gives me a
negative value.

=IF(B2="AD1", ((E2-$D$23)<$D$25,"<", " "), OR (B2="AD2",
(E2-$F$23)<$F$25,"<", " "))

The above formula gives me an error message, is it possible to do what
i'm trying to do?

TIA

G_Chem
G_Chem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24366
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=474095

Mangesh Yadav

Maybe if you explain what you want to do, then we could help. What you are
doing does not look possible by just looking at the formula.

Mangesh

"G_Chem" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

excel 97.

I'm trying to use a logic command to call up a *<* sign depending on
whether a result in one cell when subtracted from another gives me a
negative value.

=IF(B2="AD1", ((E2-$D$23)<$D$25,"<", " "), OR (B2="AD2",
(E2-$F$23)<$F$25,"<", " "))

The above formula gives me an error message, is it possible to do what
i'm trying to do?

TIA

G_Chem
G_Chem's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=474095

G_Chem

Mangesh Yadav Wrote:
Maybe if you explain what you want to do, then we could help. What you
are
doing does not look possible by just looking at the formula.

Mangesh

Thanks for the reply Mangesh, I guess I should have been a little more
expansive in my original post.

This is a spreadsheet I'm putting together to calculate the results
from 2 separate Alpha radiation detectors, called AD1 and AD2,
repectively.

I have made the selection of which detector to work out the results for
a drop-down list in cell B2.

Cell E2 Is the gross counts per minute, D23 is the background counts
per minute and D25 is the limit of detection.

so the equation is: when Gcpm -Bcpm is less than limit of detection
then display a "<" sign else do nothing.

I wanted to get this so that it can be: IF B2=AD1 and Gcpm -Bcpm is
less than limit of detection then display a "<" sign, else do nothing,
OR IF B2=AD2 Gcpm -Bcpm is less than limit of detection then display a
"<" sign, else do nothing.

I think the problem here is I want two IF statement equations giving a
command dependant on the detector selected, I think it's just too many
arguments.

--
G_Chem
G_Chem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24366
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=474095

G_Chem

bump**cough***bump

--
G_Chem
G_Chem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24366
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=474095

Roger Govier

Hi

Try

=IF(AND(B2="AD1",E2-$D$23<$D$25),"<",IF(AND (B2="AD2",E2-$F$23<$F$25),"<",""),"")

Regards

Roger Govier

G_Chem wrote:

Mangesh Yadav Wrote:

[...]

Yanto hendrawan

Help me please... :)

How to make formula for :

A3 contain number of Apples
B3 contain number of Orange

C3 --- if any number (or 0) in A3 called "Apples" and if any number
(or 0) in B3 called "Orange"
And if both of C3 and D3 contain any number called "BEGO LU"

thanks.. :)

--
Yanto hendrawan
Yanto hendrawan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27818

G_Chem

Roger Govier Wrote:
Hi

Try

=IF(AND(B2="AD1",E2-$D$23<$D$25),"<",IF(AND
(B2="AD2",E2-$F$23<$F$25),"<",""),"")

Regards

Roger Govier

[/color]

Thanks for the reply Roger, this doesn't work (as written above) but it
looks along the right lines of what i'm trying to do.

I'll try playing around with it a bit and see if i can manipulate it.

thanks again.

G.

--
G_Chem
G_Chem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24366
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=474095

Roger Govier

Hi

Try
=IF(AND(B2="AD1",E2-$D$23<$D$25),"<",IF(AND(B2="AD2",E2-$F$23<$F$25),"<",""))

Sorry, an extra "" had crept into my formula, and I didn't test it first.

Regards

Roger Govier

G_Chem wrote:

Roger Govier Wrote:

Hi

Try

=IF(AND(B2="AD1",E2-$D$23<$D$25),"<",IF(AND
(B2="AD2",E2-$F$23<$F$25),"<",""),"")

Regards

Roger Govier