G_Chem

Mangesh Yadav Wrote:
Maybe if you explain what you want to do, then we could help. What you
are
doing does not look possible by just looking at the formula.

Mangesh

Thanks for the reply Mangesh, I guess I should have been a little more
expansive in my original post.

This is a spreadsheet I'm putting together to calculate the results
from 2 separate Alpha radiation detectors, called AD1 and AD2,
repectively.

I have made the selection of which detector to work out the results for
a drop-down list in cell B2.

Cell E2 Is the gross counts per minute, D23 is the background counts
per minute and D25 is the limit of detection.

so the equation is: when Gcpm -Bcpm is less than limit of detection
then display a "<" sign else do nothing.

I wanted to get this so that it can be: IF B2=AD1 and Gcpm -Bcpm is
less than limit of detection then display a "<" sign, else do nothing,
OR IF B2=AD2 Gcpm -Bcpm is less than limit of detection then display a
"<" sign, else do nothing.

I think the problem here is I want two IF statement equations giving a
command dependant on the detector selected, I think it's just too many
arguments.

--
G_Chem
G_Chem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24366