Rho

Default Excel 2003

when i open my excel program at work, (Excel 2003 Teacher Student Edition), i
can enter something in one cell (anywhere), but after I enter in one cell and
try to switch to another cell ( or change the format or anything of the first
cell i entered something in) my entire workbook starts selecting
(highlighting) and I'm unable to do anything...I can't format, I can't
select, I can't even "x" out of the program...I have uninstalled and
reinstalled the program, but the same thing is still happening.
Any Suggestion??!!!
Dave Peterson

Just a guess....

After you make the change to one cell, are you using the mouse or are you using
the arrow keys to move to another cell.

If you're using the mouse, maybe that's the problem--have you tried a new
mouse/mouse driver.

If you're using the arrows on the keyboard, then this was a bad guess!

--

Dave Peterson
Rho

Dave,
What a smart person you are!! I hadn't even considered the mouse because it
worked with all my other programs, but Fri, my mouse quit "clicking" at all,
and I discovered that it looked like someone had tried to change the battery
by opening the back of the mouse and there was one little area that wasn't in
the correct place...after it was fixed, I thot..."maybe....", and I went into
Excel...perfect!!!
Thanks for your response...wish I would have thot of that 3 weeks ago!!! LOL!!