hsg

Default number format

normal format for number & currency in excel is
xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx.00

How to configure numbers as well as currency as

xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xxx.00 format ?

when custom format is used, the entry is converted to
thousand comma separator format.

pl help
Niek Otten

Here is an answer from Bob Phillips to a similar request
Hi Rajiv,

I think you may be intrested in the add-in I have modified for the

Indian numbering/currency system. The original code is available on MS

site for English system. The add-in is attached in zipped format. If

you need any help, do let me know.

|Filename: KVM Numbers in Words or Rupees.zip |

|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3484 |

Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"hsg" wrote in message
normal format for number & currency in excel is
xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx.00

How to configure numbers as well as currency as

xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xxx.00 format ?

when custom format is used, the entry is converted to
thousand comma separator format.

pl help

hsg

Dear sir,

Thi link has hundreds or maybe thousands of tips
if possible, pl narrow down the search

"hsg" wrote in message
normal format for number & currency in excel is
xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx.00

How to configure numbers as well as currency as

xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xxx.00 format ?

when custom format is used, the entry is converted to
thousand comma separator format.

pl help

Niek Otten

This is from Bernard Liengme

From a Google search here is a reply by David Richie to the same question in

January

If you have Excel 2002 or later look up bhattext in help.

Otherwise the following format might help you

[=10000000]##\,##\,##\,##0.00;[=100000]##\,##\,##0.00;##,##0.00

(This format separates groups for India/Thailand, format valid for

positive numbers up to 99,99,99,999.99 or 999,999,999.99)

in Excel XP see function BhatText as in Thai Bhat currency.

=BAHTTEXT(A37) [Rupees, Rs., Paise, lakhs, crores] ==an alternative may

be to use Control Panel, Regional Settings, Numbers,

digit grouping.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten