Anthony

Default open workbook on same worksheet

Hi,
Can anybody advise how I can get my workbook to automaticaly default to a
certain worksheet once opened,
ie when the workbooked is opened it will always default to the 'welcome'
worksheet.
thanks
ps I'm a novice - so go easy
Jim Rech

Excel opens workbooks with the same sheet active as when the workbook was
saved. The only way around that is to use a macro to switch sheets when the
workbook opens. Of course this requires that the user not disable macros.

Open the VBE and select the ThisWorkbook module. Paste this code in,
changing Sheet1 to your sheet:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate

Jim
"Anthony" wrote in message
| Hi,
| Can anybody advise how I can get my workbook to automaticaly default to a
| certain worksheet once opened,
| ie when the workbooked is opened it will always default to the 'welcome'
| worksheet.
| thanks
| ps I'm a novice - so go easy

Anthony