Kathy

Default connect a form to excel database

I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like
to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the
details and price from my excel database. Can this be done?
Dave Peterson

Excel has built in option--try data|form.

If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced
dataform at:
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with
userforms:
http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

--

Dave Peterson
Otto Moehrbach

Kathy
Yes, this can be done several ways. One way is to use VLookUp formulas
in the pertinent cells of your form. Or you can write a macro to do it.
Look at VLookUp under Help and see if it fits with what you have. Post back
with more details about the layout of your form and database and where each
is located if you need more. HTH Otto
"Kathy" wrote in message
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would
like
to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the
details and price from my excel database. Can this be done?

Kathy Powercraft

Thanks Otto,
I've never used Excel a lot so I will study up on your info and try it,
thanks for your help, will let you know how I go.
Cheers,
Kathy