Norman K via OfficeKB.com

Default Comments in cell

Hi

Is it possible to extract the comments from a cell and copy to another cell
using a formula??

eg

cell a1 has a comment, need extract comment from A1 and place comment
directly in cell a2 as text.

Regards

Norman

JE McGimpsey

You could use a User Defined Function:

Public Function GetComment(Target As Excel.Range) As String
On Error Resume Next
GetComment = Target(1).Comment.Text
On Error GoTo 0
End Function

Use as

A2: =GetComment(A1)

If you're not familiar with UDFs see

In article <554ac8b1fd4a4@uwe, "Norman K via OfficeKB.com" <u6479@uwe
wrote:

Hi

Is it possible to extract the comments from a cell and copy to another cell
using a formula??

eg

cell a1 has a comment, need extract comment from A1 and place comment
directly in cell a2 as text.

Regards

Norman

Norman K via OfficeKB.com

Thanks !!! JE

JE McGimpsey wrote:
You could use a User Defined Function:

Public Function GetComment(Target As Excel.Range) As String
On Error Resume Next
GetComment = Target(1).Comment.Text
On Error GoTo 0
End Function