tjaae2000

Default Analysis Toolpak

I have recently come across the problem of using edate, eomonth, etc. in my
excel spread sheet. Anytime I change the start date argument or duartion
argument, it comes up with #NAME? and have to uninstall the add-ins and
reinstall them to get the formulas to work again. This has only happened
after the installation of Office SP2. Is there an update that will remedy
this problem.

Thanks.
bill k

Is the add-in ticked in the list of add-ins available???

After you have installed an add-in, it is not immediately available to
the user. Before it can be used, you need to activate it. You do that
by selecting (tick) the appropriate item in the Add-Ins dialog which
you reach from the Tools menu. Once you have done that, the add-in will
be loaded each time you launch Excel. This will add to the time it takes
Excel to load, and will also reduce the amount of memory available to
the program

You may want to use this formula rather than the edate
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1))

Example is for 6 months shelflife.

--
bill k

bill k's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=821
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=472440

tjaae2000

yes, it has been checked. Even before hand, I never had a problem with the
edates until I installed Office SP2. I use the edate to calculate the same
date of payment everymonth like amortizing a function, but with no interest,
etc. Just a loan date. If that doesn't work, is there some way to
uninstall the Office SP2? I am not a beginner, and not as advanced as an
"expert", but do know a lot of ins and outs on excel, but this one puzzles
me. Even if I uninstall, reboot, then install or uninstall, reinstall then
reboot, the same thing happens. I loose all the "e" functions like edate,
eomonth, etc. When I pull down my insert function, they are not even listed
under date & time. Only way to get them back is to uninstall/reinstall.

TJ

"bill k" wrote:

Is the add-in ticked in the list of add-ins available???

After you have installed an add-in, it is not immediately available to
the user. Before it can be used, you need to activate it. You do that
by selecting (tick) the appropriate item in the Add-Ins dialog which
you reach from the Tools menu. Once you have done that, the add-in will
be loaded each time you launch Excel. This will add to the time it takes
Excel to load, and will also reduce the amount of memory available to
the program

You may want to use this formula rather than the edate
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1))

Example is for 6 months shelflife.

--
bill k

bill k's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=821
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=472440

Myrna Larson

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:17:03 -0700, tjaae2000
wrote:

is there some way to
uninstall the Office SP2?

Assuming you initially had Office without the service pack(s), uninstall
Office entirely, then reinstall from your original disks and don't install
SP2.