Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tim Childs

Default Shared Workbooks

Hi

I am using the sharing facilty to enable multiple simultaneous editing
access to a workbook.

The problem that I want to solve is that the workbook always seems to open
in "thiswork.saved = false" mode i.e. the workbook always prompts the user
to save when closing even if no changes have been made.

Apart form using VB* (which is my curent workaround), is there a solution to
this?

Thanks

Tim

* the reason I want o avoid Vb is that I am tryiing to eliminate extra steps
and including VB would mean users get the "enable macros" screen each time
they open it - and outr IT Dept don't allow us to turn this off on a
permanent basis :)