Dave Peterson

None that I didn't share <bg.

Tim Childs wrote:

Dave

Good to be in touch again - thanks

I am at home so cannot test the volatile functions etc but I believe it is
sharing that causes the problem because I did not have the "do you want to
save changes dialog box" when I made a copy of the the file and turned off
the sharing.

Any ideas?

Tim

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Do you have any of these volatile functions in your workbook?

=AREAS()
=OFFSET()
=CELL()
=INDIRECT()
=ROWS()
=COLUMNS()
=NOW()
=TODAY()
=RAND()

* may not be volatile in all versions

These evaluate with each calculation. And cause excel to think your

workbook
has changed.

And excel likes to recalculate workbooks created in earlier versions. Is

this
the case in your situation?

======
And as a test, you may want to unshare the workbook (or a copy of the

workbook)
to see if it's sharing that's causing the trouble.

Tim Childs wrote:

Hi

I am using the sharing facilty to enable multiple simultaneous editing
access to a workbook.

The problem that I want to solve is that the workbook always seems to

open
in "thiswork.saved = false" mode i.e. the workbook always prompts the

user
to save when closing even if no changes have been made.

Apart form using VB* (which is my curent workaround), is there a

solution to
this?

Thanks

Tim

* the reason I want o avoid Vb is that I am tryiing to eliminate extra

steps
and including VB would mean users get the "enable macros" screen each

time
they open it - and outr IT Dept don't allow us to turn this off on a
permanent basis :)

--

Dave Peterson

--