Neil_Pattison

Default Cell Protection

I have set up a spreadsheet for the materials that my company requires.

The problem I have is that I have locked a certain column of cells that
hold formulas so they cannot be deleted by mistake, but I want to be
able to insert rows in the middle of the list for any new materials
that come in.

Since each row has a protected cell in it, it won't allow me to do
this. Is there any way of getting around this so rows can be inserted
in the middle of the worksheet whilst keeping the protected cells and
also pulling the formula down from the row above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Neil_Pattison
Neil_Pattison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27696

dominicb

Good evening Neil_Pattison

You don't state what version of Excel you you are using but XL2003 has
this functionality:
Tools Protection Protect Sheet and then check the Insert rows box.

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932

Neil_Pattison

Thanks Dominic

--
Neil_Pattison
Neil_Pattison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27696
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=472107

dominicb

Hi Neil

No problem. Appreciate the feedback.

DominicB

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrghhhhhh - just noticed you're a Yorkshireman. Didn't
see that when I posted originally...............!!!!