grampski

Default how do I export excel spreadsheet to quickbooks

I have an Excel inventory spreadsheet and would like to import the data into
Quickbooks 2004 as items.
Roger Govier

Hi

In Quickbooks, FileImportExcel Enter Excel File Name, Enter Sheet name in
dialogue box, check the Data File has header rows (assuming you have set up
column Names)

In Choose a Mapping, use the dropdown to Create New
Give it a Name e.g. Inventory
Select the Import type Customer, Supplier, Item or Account
You need Item, then map your column headings in the Excel file to the
headings in Quickbooks for as many columns as you wish to import.

Regards

Roger Govier

grampski wrote:
I have an Excel inventory spreadsheet and would like to import the data into
Quickbooks 2004 as items.

clacky

Hi Roger,

The version of Quickbooks that I am using is Quickbooks Plus 2005/06 and
when I go to Fileimportthe drop downs are - IIF Files - Web connection
files - Bank statements - Convert from Quicken - Reimport standard templates
Where do I go from here?

I can/have exported the item list from Quickbooks Plus to Excel, but can not
seem to go the other way.
I have not changed the structure of the exported item list from Quickbooks
Plus, But I have added additional items.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Clacky....

grampski wrote:
I have an Excel inventory spreadsheet and would like to import the data into
Quickbooks 2004 as items.

Roger Govier

Hi Clacky

I only have Quickbooks Premier 4 Accountants Edition and what I described
was from that package. Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of your version so
I cannot provide any other info.

You could try emailing Quickbooks, or look for a Quickbooks forum.

Regards

Roger Govier