Whosyourdata

Default Purchase Order Template Numbering

I am using 2003 which does not have a PO template. I would really appreciate
a copy of the one from 97. If you can, please send it to me at john-at
-thewaeinc-dot-com.

Thanks very much,
JM

"fortune10" wrote:

I am using Office 97 Excel Purchase Order template but cannot find out how to have my P.O. numbers to auto sequence. I have been manually assigning them a number.
Any suggestions?

Steve Jones

Hi

I have a working copy which I created sometime ago for exactly this reason.
It is really simple and there are probably far better ideas around.

Put an order number in cell eg B3 - say 1
In cell B11 put in the incremental number say 1
In cell B17 = B3+B11 (result 2)

Create a macro to copy B17 and paste values to B3. (B17 is always your order
number and is incremented by B11).

If you want a copy of the file please get in touch.

Regards

Steve

"fortune10" wrote:

I am using Office 97 Excel Purchase Order template but cannot find out
how to have my P.O. numbers to auto sequence. I have been manually
assigning them a number.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Steve

Can you please forward me a copy to mareesmatnrcs-org-za as I am struggling
with this for a while. Regards