MarkRC

Default Is there an upper limit of text that comments can hold

I have hundreds of comments in a spreadsheet. Some of these comments hold
pages and pages and pages of text. I am getting concerned that there might
be an upper limit of text that can be held in each comment. If some of this
information gets dropped/truncated, I am @#$%^.

Is this going to be a problem for me?

Thank you very much for the help.

PokerZan

(more if linefeeds are added)

Ok, what are "linefeeds" and how can I add them? I too have multiple
comments fields within a spreadsheet and I have had problems linking
the comments to a master sheet.

PZan

--
PokerZan
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23480

JE McGimpsey

Disregard - I somehow misread "comment" for "cell"

In article ,
JE McGimpsey wrote:

Each cell can contain 32767 characters, of which 1024 can be displayed
(more if linefeeds are added).

JE McGimpsey

I was thinking of cell contents, not comments. As far as I know
linefeeds (CHAR(10), OPT-Enter) are irrelevant for comments.

In article ,
PokerZan