-   -   Is there an upper limit of text that comments can hold (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47421-there-upper-limit-text-comments-can-hold.html)

MarkRC

Is there an upper limit of text that comments can hold

I have hundreds of comments in a spreadsheet. Some of these comments hold
pages and pages and pages of text. I am getting concerned that there might
be an upper limit of text that can be held in each comment. If some of this
information gets dropped/truncated, I am @#$%^.

Is this going to be a problem for me?

Thank you very much for the help.

JE McGimpsey

Each cell can contain 32767 characters, of which 1024 can be displayed
(more if linefeeds are added).

In article ,
MarkRC wrote:

I have hundreds of comments in a spreadsheet. Some of these comments hold
pages and pages and pages of text. I am getting concerned that there might
be an upper limit of text that can be held in each comment. If some of this
information gets dropped/truncated, I am @#$%^.

Is this going to be a problem for me?

Thank you very much for the help.

PokerZan

(more if linefeeds are added)

Ok, what are "linefeeds" and how can I add them? I too have multiple
comments fields within a spreadsheet and I have had problems linking
the comments to a master sheet.

PZan

--
PokerZan
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23480

JE McGimpsey

Disregard - I somehow misread "comment" for "cell"

In article ,
JE McGimpsey wrote:

Each cell can contain 32767 characters, of which 1024 can be displayed
(more if linefeeds are added).

JE McGimpsey

I was thinking of cell contents, not comments. As far as I know
linefeeds (CHAR(10), OPT-Enter) are irrelevant for comments.

In article ,
PokerZan