Furrukh

Default How can a calculated value be displayed wiyhin a text string

I am trying to display calculated value in a text string. The value could
change as the variables change.
bj

the use of the Ampersand "&"

="all " & (2+3) & " people"
will show as
all 5 people

If you want the number to be in a given format check the text() funciton in
help.

"Furrukh" wrote:

I am trying to display calculated value in a text string. The value could
change as the variables change.

JE McGimpsey

You don't give any details, but perhaps something like

="The sum of the first 10 values is " & SUM(A1:A10) & "."

or, if you want to format the value in a particular way, perhaps:

="Three days after the due date is " & TEXT(A1 + 3, "dd mmm yyyy.")