BK

Default change XL2003 autofilter's arrow color

how can i change the XL2003 autofilter's arrow color from blue (when active)
to red or another color? the current dark blue is hard to distinguish from
the black (inactive) color making it difficult to visually distinguish when a
filter is active.

thanks. BK
Dave Peterson

You can't change that color.

Remember that the row numbers change color, too--so you could check there to see
if any column has a filter applied.

--

Dave Peterson
Bob K

Yes, but if you want to remove the filter without canceling auto filter
entirely, it is difficult to see which column contains the filter. Looking
at the blue rows doesn't help. I would like to have the ability to change
that color.

BK wrote:

how can i change the XL2003 autofilter's arrow color from blue (when active)
to red or another color? the current dark blue is hard to distinguish from
the black (inactive) color making it difficult to visually distinguish when a
filter is active.

thanks. BK

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

When I want to see all the rows in my filtered range, I don't show (All) under
each field.

I use data|filter|show all.

In fact, I've put a "show all" button on my toolbar. Then I just click that.

Tools|Customize|commands tab|data category
drag "show all" to your favorite toolbar.

(I've dragged the autofilter button right next to it, too.)

You can request enhancements via email:

BK wrote:

how can i change the XL2003 autofilter's arrow color from blue (when active)
to red or another color? the current dark blue is hard to distinguish from
the black (inactive) color making it difficult to visually distinguish when a
filter is active.

thanks. BK

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But that's not the point, either MS can alter the colour of the arrow to red
or either change the backgrount to red.

Either way it's an easy fix. The arrow is almost impossible to see, and as
my eyes are already going due to heavy screen use since 1980's I should not
have to do a work around for this.

It would be much easier for MS to just change some code and issue an update,
rather than work on a fix to allow users to change the option.

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have done and am awaiting a reply. Told them I am not satisified with the
response I got from customer services.

Also complained that their product may be a contributing factor in my
eyesight getting worse. (I use excel every day all day long).

We'll see.!! Don't hold your breath!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"SMT" wrote:

"BK" wrote:

how can i change the XL2003 autofilter's arrow color from blue (when active)
to red or another color? the current dark blue is hard to distinguish from
the black (inactive) color making it difficult to visually distinguish when a
filter is active.

thanks. BK

This may help but it is limited as it advises if any filtered columns on a
worksheet are in action
Apply the formula to a cell outside the any of your filtered columns. A5:A45
is the sample so change to suit your range.
=IF(COUNTA(A5:A45)=SUBTOTAL(3,A5:A45),"NO","YES")
You can Conditional Format the cell to turn RED for "YES" and GREEN FOR "NO"

You can also get fancy to highlight the Excel filter in action advice blue
arrow (hard to see)
Use a cell next the YES/NO cell and give it a heading "LOOK FOR"
Format the cell with formula to Wingdings 3 with blue color font format to
produce the same arrow
=IF(COUNTA(A5:A45)=SUBTOTAL(3,A5:A45),"","q")
Have fun!