Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pugwashuk pugwashuk is offline

Default change XL2003 autofilter's arrow color

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

When I want to see all the rows in my filtered range, I don't show (All) under
each field.

I use data|filter|show all.

In fact, I've put a "show all" button on my toolbar. Then I just click that.

Tools|Customize|commands tab|data category
drag "show all" to your favorite toolbar.

(I've dragged the autofilter button right next to it, too.)

You can request enhancements via email:

Bob K wrote:

Yes, but if you want to remove the filter without canceling auto filter
entirely, it is difficult to see which column contains the filter. Looking
at the blue rows doesn't help. I would like to have the ability to change
that color.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You can't change that color.

Remember that the row numbers change color, too--so you could check there to see
if any column has a filter applied.

BK wrote:

how can i change the XL2003 autofilter's arrow color from blue (when active)
to red or another color? the current dark blue is hard to distinguish from
the black (inactive) color making it difficult to visually distinguish when a
filter is active.

thanks. BK

--

Dave Peterson