blazon

Default re-arranging worksheets

Hi,

I posted a question here a few days ago and got some helpful
suggestions -- thanks!

I'm now trying to re-arrange the order of worksheets in an excel
document. I have one file, and have created 16 worksheets within that
file. So, when I have one worksheet open, there are 15 tabs at the
bottom. I'd like to re-arrange the order of the tabs so that they are
in alphabetical order.

Does anyone know how I can do that?

--
blazon
blazon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27409

Dave O

If you have to do it just once, you can left click on a tab and drag it
to a new location between other tabs. Another manual method is to
right click the tab, select Move Or Copy from the window and highlight
the new position.

If you have to do it many times over different files with varying tab
names, it will require a VBA solution.

swatsp0p

With only 16 sheets, it may be easier to just click/drag the tabs into
the order you want.

Or...

Chip Pearson has tips for doing this on his web site:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm

Good Luck

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=469882

dominicb

Good afternoon balzon

A couple of ways to do this. First of all, you can just drag the tabs
across the bottom to their new position doing it manually.
Alternatively Chip Pearson has a VBA routine at his site to rearrange
them in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order. If you don’t fancy
getting involved with VBA I have a free add-in available to anyone who
requests it, that will allow you to arrange sheets alphabetically (and
reverse) or move sheets up and down in a list and arrange them that
way.

Chip Pearsons site is here (http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm),
if you want my add-in, just e-mail me.

HTH