Pat Hughes

Default How can I display a cell range in a text box in excel?

I want to display the contents of a cell range in a text box. I know how to
put contents from one cell in a text box but I need to put the contents of 24
cells in my text box.

Or how can I change the length and height of cells below other cells without
changing the other cells length and height. Is there a way to put a line to
freeze panes to change the length and height of cells below the line?
RogerN

Would the '&' work for this problem. eg if A1 = "Pat" and B1 = "Hughes"
then the formula A1&B1 would return PatHughes, formula A1&" "&B1 would return
Pat Hughes?

To make the cell fit the text, without effecting other cells in the same
column, then use Format Cells/Alignment/Wrap text. Although this will effect
those in the same row.

Hope this helps.

Roger

"Pat Hughes" wrote:

I want to display the contents of a cell range in a text box. I know how to
put contents from one cell in a text box but I need to put the contents of 24
cells in my text box.

Or how can I change the length and height of cells below other cells without
changing the other cells length and height. Is there a way to put a line to
freeze panes to change the length and height of cells below the line?

Pat Hughes

Thanks for your reply Roger but when I tried your suggestiong they didn't
work. I have a box of 24 cells that I want to put at the bottom of a phone
list but that has different sized cells as the phone list. I thought if I
could copy and paste into a text box I could move it where I wanted and not
have to change the format of the size of cells for the phone list. I see
where this could be a great way to change the cell sizes of certain cells
without affecting the worksheet cell sizing.
Thanks,
Pat

"Pat Hughes" wrote:

I want to display the contents of a cell range in a text box. I know how to
put contents from one cell in a text box but I need to put the contents of 24
cells in my text box.

Or how can I change the length and height of cells below other cells without
changing the other cells length and height. Is there a way to put a line to
freeze panes to change the length and height of cells below the line?

RogerN

Pat

Sorry but the only way I can think to do this is to create a text box and
then copy the contents of each cell into it one at a time. I am not good
enough at macros to know if this could be automated.

Hopefully, someone else can help.

Roger