Ross

Default Blank cell revisited

I am re-posting this one 'cause I couln't make the procedure provide for
it's solution work.

In a worksheet I am createing there is colum titled "Date Closed",-- the
whole column is set to a light blue
background color, the rest of the sheet is white with gridlines. At time of
closure the date is entered. I would like to have any cell in that column
that is blank -- no closing day yet entered, I to have a red background and
when I enter a closure date, I want it to change to be the original color I
set for the column. The column I am using is J and Dave gave me this
formula: =J1="" to use.
I went to Format/conditional formatting. I selected formula from the
drop-down and put that formula in, adusted the format to red background
color and when I hit enter, although there are plenty of blank cells in the
J column, none of them turn red. Why not?
Doable?
Thanks
Ross

Dave Peterson

Are you positive those cells are blank.

Select one of those blank cells and hit the delete key.

Did it change colors?

Another test...
Say J23 looks blank, but it doesn't change colors.
Put this in another cell:
=isblank(j23)
and this in another cell
=len(j23)

What do you get back from both?

The answers will help with the next response.

--

Dave Peterson