mrbroad

Default Mail Merging

Hey,

New to the forum so hello to everyone.

Right, my problem is this. I have a spreadsheet that contains a list of
people and all of their monthly payments to something. Each monthly
payment has 8 possible additions to it. Their are approximately 50
payment dates which means each member potentially has 464+ fields in
their records. Because excel only goes upto IV in the columns i dont
have enough space to have the records going across so they go down. But
i need to take all of these payments and put them into a statement
(using mail merge because their are 400 people) but because the first
cell in each column is the first field in the record and not the field
name like it should be, mail merging is tricky.

I have tried splitting the worksheets into two, transposing them and
mail marging that way but mail merge in word only lets me use one
source so i have a half complete statement. Could anyone help?

--
mrbroad
mrbroad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27328

Debra Dalgleish

You might get some advice if you post your question in the Word mail
merge newsgroup. It sounds like a task better suited to a database though.

mrbroad wrote:
[...]

Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html