dziw

Default Time formatting

Hi
Just a quick question one of my calculations returns a length of time
in hours in a decimal format. I was wondering if there was a way to
format the cell so that for example if the figure 53.5 was returned
then the cell would display the value 53:30
(for 53 hours 30 minutes). the best that i can get so far is using "#
?/60" to return:
53 30/60
This isn't as neat as i would like. I have tried the date/time
formatting options but they only seem to return things like 12:00:00.
Any ideas?

--
dziw
dziw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10422

Bob Phillips

Don't think it can be done as the decimal part refers to parts of 60, not
parts of 10/100/1000 etc, so it needs a conversion, which isn't a natural
facet of formatting.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"dziw" wrote in message

Hi
Just a quick question one of my calculations returns a length of time
in hours in a decimal format. I was wondering if there was a way to
format the cell so that for example if the figure 53.5 was returned
then the cell would display the value 53:30
(for 53 hours 30 minutes). the best that i can get so far is using "#
?/60" to return:
53 30/60
This isn't as neat as i would like. I have tried the date/time
formatting options but they only seem to return things like 12:00:00.
Any ideas?

--
dziw
dziw's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=467798

nsv

I do not think there is any format, but you can create something like
it. If you assume the result of your calculations is in cell A1, then
In cell A2 write:
=INT(A1)&":"&ROUND((A1-INT(A1))*60;0)
In stead of "A1" you can write your calculation, but then it can get a
little complicated

NSV

--
nsv