Old October 1st 20, 09:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Blank if zero

Hi,
I'm wondering if there is a function similar to "iferror" that will leave a cell blank if the result of its formula equals zero. I normally do something like:

if(A1-A20, A1-A2, "")

This gets tedious and difficult to follow with long and/or nested formulas, so I'm looking for a shortcut. Does such a thing exist?

Old October 1st 20, 11:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Weston,

Am Thu, 1 Oct 2020 13:21:58 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Weston Cook:

Hi,
I'm wondering if there is a function similar to "iferror" that will leave a cell blank if the result of its formula equals zero. I normally do something like:

if(A1-A20, A1-A2, "")

This gets tedious and difficult to follow with long and/or nested formulas, so I'm looking for a shortcut. Does such a thing exist?

Options = Advanced = Display options for this worksheet and
deactivate "Show a zero in cells that have zero value"

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10