vicki

Default WHERE IS AUTOSAVE ON WINDOWS XL 2003?

I cannot find Autosave in XL - 2003. Why is it different than 2000? I just
wasted 2 hours without it.
TomHinkle

Tools menu,
options,

Save tab

"vicki" wrote:

I cannot find Autosave in XL - 2003. Why is it different than 2000? I just
wasted 2 hours without it.

Anne Troy

Tools--Options--Save tab.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"vicki" wrote in message
I cannot find Autosave in XL - 2003. Why is it different than 2000? I
just
wasted 2 hours without it.

Gord Dibben

Vicki

As you have found out, there is no Autosave in XL2002 and 2003 as there was in
earlier versions.

Autorecovery that Anne and Tomhinkle pointed you towards from
ToolsOptionsSave is it. This is not the same as Autosave
which made true incremental saves at intervals and alerted you before saving.

Autorecovery just saves a temporary file which it deletes if Excel closes
normally without incident.

BTW.....Dave Peterson reports that he tried an earlier version of Autosave.xla
in XL2002 and it seemed to work fine.

I have also tried the Autosave.XLA from XL97 and does the job.

To download the 97 version go here.....

http://www.stat.jmu.edu/trep/Marchat/sp2001/Library.htm

In addition to the above......Jan Karel Pieterse has an addin called AutoSafe
which also doen't alert before saving.

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves. It saves to a user
selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or
puts them in the recycle bin). And the user can always restore the backups
from the recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm

(look for AutoSafe.zip)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP