Rodger Slape

Default Autosave in 2003

In Excel 2000 there was an Add In which provided an AutoSave facility which
could be set to automatically save the current workbook or all open
workbooks. Where can I find this facillity in 2003. This should not be
confused with the automatic backup save.
Thank you
Rodger
Dave Peterson

AutoRecovery replaced AutoSave in xl2002.

But if you still have your autosave from xl2k, you can use it in xl2002+.

And an alternative...

You could use Jan Karel Pieterse's addin: AutoSafe.

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves. It saves to a user
selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or puts
them in the recycle bin). And the user can always restore the backups from the
recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

Jan Karel's version will know if there was a crash and prompt you to open the
last version it saved.

--

Dave Peterson