Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formula

I want to enter a formula into a column so that:
if the cell is empty, a space will be added.
if the cell is not empty, nothing will be done.

(The purpose is to tidy up a spreadsheet so that long entries don't
stray over a column's right hand edge.)

So far I've only been able to achieve this by inserting a new column
alongside and creating the formula there, then pasting its values into
the target column. Otherwise I get in a mess with messages about
circular references.

Am I attempting the impossible please?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK